Today I’d like to share one of my favourite tapas-style recipes from Canadian Living: Warm Mixed Olives with Chorizo and Orange. The flavours in this happy appy are deep and fragrant. The salty olives, spicy chorizo, and sweet orange slices pair really nicely and are not only delicious, but quite pretty on the table as well!
WARM MIXED OLIVES WITH CHORIZO AND ORANGE
- 4 oz (113 g) smoked chorizo sausages
- 1/2 small navel orange
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) unpitted oil-cured black olives
- 1 cup (250 mL) unpitted brined black olives
- 1 cup (250 mL) unpitted large green olives
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) hot pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
- Slice chorizo into thin rounds; set aside.
- Thinly slice orange into half-moon shapes; set aside.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat; cook chorizo for 1 minute.
- Add oil-cured and brined black olives, green olives, garlic and hot pepper flakes; cook, stirring occasionally, until warmed through and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in sage and orange; cook until orange starts to break down, about
two minutes. Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
So delish! If you try the recipe, let us know how you like it in the comments below!