Here’s a tasty little recipe for Maple Banana Baked Oatmeal! It’s a sweet and hearty start to the morning and it’s easy to throw together. It’s also a bit cake-like in texture so it’s perfect for little pinchy baby fingers – my 10-month-old definitely approved! I hope you love it too!
Yummo! Look at that gooey, banana-y deliciousness! It’s pretty much dessert for breakfast and that’s definitely OK in my books. The recipe is really versatile too. You could add fresh or frozen berries, peanut butter, pretty much whatever! Make it your own 🙂
- 2 cups oats (I used 1.5 cups rolled oats and 0.5 cups steel cut)
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used almond, but any dairy or plant-based milk will work)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Chia seeds, hemp seeds, shredded coconut, or any other toppings!
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash bananas. Then mix in egg, milk, applesauce, maple syrup, butter, and vanilla.
- Add oats, nuts, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 8×8 pan (I used a deep pie pan).
- Sprinkle with chia seeds, hemp seeds, shredded coconut, extra sliced banana, and/or extra chopped nuts. Go nuts!
- Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes, until set in the center.
- Scoop or slice and serve warm. Enjoy!